Saturday, March 12, 2022

Nalu Socks

I have a new pair of socks - aren't they gorgeous, if I say so myself :)))

Back in December, I dyed a skein of Alize Superwash, trying to recreate my first hand-dyed yarn. I had planed to knit the socks during the Christmas and New Year holidays, but then other projects jumped the queue and the tasty berry yarn stayed put in its new project bag.

The plan was to make the socks a sort of a complimentary pair to the pair of fingerless mitts I knitted with the previous berry yarn. For this purpose I took the cable pattern of the Nalu Mitts, adapted it to my aesthetics, as previously with my fingerless mitts and incorporated it in my simple and trusted sock recipe - 60 sts, toe up, fish lips kiss heels, twisted rib, invisible cast off.

Pattern: Nalu Socks (personal pattern, using Nalu Mitts cable)
Yarn: Alize Superwash, hand dyed, 52 g
Needle: 2.5 mm
Time to knit: two weeks
 
 

My husband loved the color of my socks so much, that now I have made him a promise to knit a pair of matching socks for him. Soon. Probably.


1 comment: