Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Chocolate Fisherman Sweater

It's been longer than a year since I showed you a finished sweater on my blog! I simply lost my knitting mojo and still haven't completely found it back. As I've noticed before, I am very much a one-hobby-at-a-time person, so it's now sewing, fabric shopping, pattern piling and very little yarn related creations.

Still, a couple of years ago I dyed three skeins of viscose yarn for my mother and gifted them to her to make a sweater. She did knit about half of the sweater, but her gauge was off and the sweater was coming out small and narrow. She was disheartened and gave me back the yarn to make something out of it.

And here it is - I unraveled her knitting and made a new sweater following my own imagination and calculations.

The stitch texture is 1x1 rib and half fisherman rib and the form is straight up to the underarms, with slight increase for the shoulders and slanted shoulders. The sleeves are knitted separately and sewn to the arm openings.

I made the ribbing for the back just slightly longer than the front and left the sides open. The three skeins were hand dyed and had variations in color, which are visible (less in real life, I think), but nothing too dramatic.

As I had only 300 g and absolutely no recourse if I ran out of yarn, I had to calculate very carefully the length of the sweater and I even had to unravel a couple of centimeters from the front under the armholes, as in the course of the knitting it became evident that the yarn wouldn't suffice for my initially planned length.

As I have made the sweater for my mother, it is a bit big on me, but I hope it will fit her right, as she is a larger size.

 
Yarn: Alize Puffy Fine, 100% viscose, 300 g
Needle: 3 mm
Time to knit: 3 months

A domestic rabbit, one of four, some guy had taken out for a walk in the park last Friday, when we took these pictures :)


No comments:

Post a Comment