Tuesday, January 29, 2019

WIP: Lavandula


On Friday evening I cast on a new sweater for Gaby and I can wholeheartedly recommend it as the most popcorny knitting I've done recently. I'm not following a written pattern, but the general instructions on the construction of this type of sweater in Olga Kondratyeva's video Polygonal Seagull.

My yarns are Zegna Baruffa Kent, 100% Italian bobbin merino, 200 g, 900 m / 100 g, in two threads and Zegna Baruffa Cashwool, 100% Italian bobbin merino, 20 g, 1500 m / 100g, in three threads. And I also added some beads to the light lavender yarn. I added the beads, using the "as you go" method and a crochet hook (or rather a small resistor, which I shaped as a hook, as I don't have such a small crochet hook).


As you can see, for three days I've already knitted the upper part of the body and almost finished with one of the sleeves. And I'm back to my stitch markers, made out of cotton yarn and beads. I've tried plastic markers, small safety pins, metal wire markers, but I give up - cotton thread markers are the only ones that work for me.

2 comments:

  1. What a lucky daughter to have a mama knit for her many times over. I love the thought of her keeping these items folded and wrapped up for the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you're so kind! But I think it is I who am lucky to have a daughter that appreciates my handmades and presents and wears them so beautifully. I would knit anyway, as knitting is a passion for me, but to have somebody who enjoys the results of all that knitting - that's precious.

      Delete