Saturday, March 9, 2019

Ayliak Socks

Ayliak is a Bulgarian word of Turkish origin, which designates a very relaxed state of mind, an ability to enjoy life while being unperceptive to external pressure, a state of comfort and relaxation.


I cast on my Ayliak socks as a mindless project to work on during the New Year tv time and then in between sweater projects. Recently I find that my best knitting organization is a single big project and one small mindless project (socks) to relax and gather my thoughts and mojo before starting the next big project.


Pattern: Toe-up socks with FLKH and a small 4-sts cable, 60 sts
Yarn: Alize Superwash, 52 g, hand dyed
Needle: 2.5 mm


The yarn I used for these socks is one of the skeins I dyed, trying to break egg-dyes, probably my most favorite of the batch. I like the variation of the colors, the distribution of the nuances is acceptable.

I didn't use any specific pattern, just my usual toe-up socks with fish lips kiss heel.



True to the spirit of the socks, I didn't care much about the fact that my gauge on the second sock was way off, compared to the first one, and the sock was coming smaller - I just knitted one more repeat of the cable pattern. Thus the socks are not quite identical, but so what :) They look nice and comfy and I'm ayliak :)




2 comments:

  1. Харесвам много тези лилави чорапи.Аз също ги искам.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see how these would be relaxing with a simple cable to add eye interest and to knit up easily.

    ReplyDelete