Saturday, August 18, 2018

Double Hat

Last week I finished my double hat / cowl, I started back in December. This project went through many stages - first it was going to be a stokinette stitch double beanie, then I decided to make it a cowl, then I added a second layer to the cowl and turned it into a double hat / cowl. Because I wanted to use up both yarns - 75g Alize Superwash I dyed last year and 75 g Cashwool merino, the hat turned very long and I find its form a bit funny and not particularly flattering.


Pattern: Double Hat / Cowl (personal pattern)
Yarn:  Alize Superwash 75g (156 sts), Cashwool Merino 75 g (130 sts)
Needle: 2.25 mm (st st), 4 mm (1x1 rib)

Here are a few pictures we took today of some of the ways this huge tube can be worn:

:Black with a colored brim:


 : Color out, double layer of black inside



 : Long and slouchy, black outside


 : Long tubular cowl

 : which could cover most of the face in harsh weather:

 : Double folded cowl, sort of a neckpiece

I'm not sure I'll keep this as it is, as I like the black part a lot and I'm not that fond of the superwash sock yarn worn around the neck/head. I'll test the hat this autumn/winter and I suspect I might redo it next year.

1 comment:

  1. The variegated colorway is set off by the black yarn. I'm sure this beanie will be of great use when it gets cold where you are.

    ReplyDelete