Friday, August 16, 2019

Burda #101 2/2011 Dress


The last of the things I sewed for Gaby this summer - a sleeveless dress with gathered skirt from one of my favourite Burda issues 02 / 2011. I actually finished the dress a day or two before her leave for Vienna, but we didn't have time to take modeled pictures of it, so here it is in a few flat photos.


The fabric is very thin cotton with beautiful floral print, which suits Gaby very much. However, I chose not to line it and the dress is a bit see through. And I'm not sure if it is the pastel colors or the gathered skirt, but she thought she looked like a kindergarten girl in it, so she chose to leave it behind when packing for her Austrian summer.


I made a few modifications of the pattern - the smallest size is 36 and Gaby is 34, so I downsized it and shortened it by 1 cm above the bust and above the waist. I also chose to place an invisible zipper at the back and not at the side, as is in the pattern.


I'm not very happy with the placement of the zipper, next time I'll put it a little bit lower and leave a place for a hook and eye closure. I've got still about 1.5 m of this fabric and I might try to make another dress out of it, lined and maybe sort of a shift dress. I'm thinking of the Copen dress, but we'll see.


1 comment: