My latest occupation - sewing dresses. My first attempt - a dress for me, is still unfinished and looking not very promising, but the second - the dress for Gaby, is sort of wearable :)
The fabric is thin printed cotton and the pattern - a modification of Burda 03 / 2013, dress 118. I needed a dress pattern with princess seams and this was the only one I found in my Burda issues. I used only the upper part of the design and I cut it to the armholes, adding spaghetti straps.
To make the dress easier to put on, I added 10 cm to the back piece and then sewed elastic thread to gather the back piece. Because the fabric is quite thin, I lined the bodice of the dress with the same thin cotton in off white color.
The lower part is simple gathered rectangular. The fit is not perfect because the neckline is a bit wide for Gaby, but it's a wearable muslin. Nevertheless she claims she loves it and finds it's breezy light texture very comfy in our hot summer days.
I plan to make another one in high quality viscose, but we'll see how long the sewing bug will hold me :)
Scenes from Ahtopol, on the Black Sea