Sunday, February 9, 2020

Alize Striped Socks


The sweater I started last month is not coming as I imagined it and I don't feel like knitting it any more. So - I knit socks. I've been hearing people praise Alize striped sock yarn, so I bought a skein and decided to test it.


I knitted the socks as I usually do - toe-up, vanilla socks, 64 sts, fish-lips kiss heels, 1x1 ribbed cuffs with tubular cast off. I'm happy with the final result and I hope the recipient will like them and wear them, but I don't think I'll repeat the experience. Part of the joy of knitting socks for me is dyeing the yarn and then watching it unfold its colors and turn into a sock. So my next socks will be again hand-dyed socks.




I took the finished pair (they haven't even been blocked yet) with me today on our hike, hoping to take a few pictures of them if a chance presented itself. And as soon as I saw this pile of hay stacks I knew I had to photograph the socks - not that the pile is that beautiful, but it's surely unusual and not a background I come upon every day :)


1 comment:

  1. I like the fall, color scheme this sock yarn has. I need to try the FLK heel; I have a pair of toe-up socks and don't like the gusset pattern for the heel as it seems too weird.

    ReplyDelete