Last night I finished another pair of men's socks - these are for my son. I had two skeins of Alize Superwash 50g in grey and I dyed one of the skeins striped, keeping one of the stripes in the original color. I'm quite happy with how these turned, though it would have been smarter, if I had made the number of stripes even. As it was, I had to cut the skein in the middle of the stripe sequence, to make both of the socks look the same.
The pattern is my usual recipe for toe-up men's socks, only this time I decided to do the afterthought heel. However, next time i knit socks for Alex, I might reduce the number of stitches to 62, as his feet, though long, seem to be a bit slimmer than my husband's and the socks are a tiny little bit wide on him.
Pattern: Toe-up vanilla socks with afterthought heel (personal recipe), 64 sts
Yarn: Alize Superwash, 50 g + 20 g
Needle: 2.5 mm
Time to knit: one week
And this is what I whipped up last night for my husband. I found a free pattern for woven fabric men's boxer briefs and I took out two larger cotton fabric remnants from blouses I have made for Gaby and myself. The polka dot one was my muslin, which husband approved of as for size and comfort, though I doubt he'll ever wear them, and the grey ones I did because I was on a roll and I wanted to keep sewing :)
Though he had initially embargoed the fabric, he actually liked it in the form of finished product. However, for my next men's boxer briefs I intend to buy not very stretchy thin and soft cotton knit fabric in more manly colors :)