четвъртък, 2 август 2012 г.
Project: Crochet Bag
Yarn: Karginlar Sentetik Makrame Iplik, 4 balls
Hook: 4 mm
Lining: knitted fabric from an old blouse
Time to make: 3 days
I ran out of yarn some 15 stitches before the end, so I had to redo the last row of the strap, crocheting tighter, to make the yarn suffice. But that meant that I didn't have yarn to do the flower. So as a decoration I took the tag from an old D&G bag, a favourite of mine and quite shabby now, and added it to this new purse. I think it looks cool :)
I made the bag following the excellent instructions and pattern chart from Bend Beanies.
The body of the bag - stretched and folded in half.
The lining - this is the back of a blouse my daughter outgrew this year (and my first attempt to sew knits).
The pocket is made from the lower part of the sleeve. I sewed it double, for better organization of the odds and ends one holds in her bag :)
The lining - basted ...
... and sewn by hand:
The gathering bands shape the bag (and evening photo)
The bag is ready. Inside:
Because the sleeve had a reinforcement at the end, which I kept, the pocket now has two narrow places for pens :)