Sunday, July 12, 2020

Brown C.C. CopyCat Beanie


In the heat of July I was suddenly visited by an inspiration to knit a beanie :)


The yarn is a recycled 65 g of Filitaly Macas, 60% Baby Alpaca, 20% Merino, 20% Nylon, 650 m/100 g in three threads. It is very soft and luxurious and was the remnant from a gorgeous poncho I knitted for Gaby. Back in 2016 I made her boot cuffs to go with the poncho, but they proved unpractical, the yarn was too soft for such items and kept breaking and Gaby wore them only a couple of times.


This summer she went through her knitted wardrobe and retired a few of the items, the boot cuffs among them. I unravelled the boot cuffs, straightened the yarn and overdyed it with black to achieve this deep chocolate color, which I love so much.


I didn't even consider any other hat pattern, I knew I wanted another C.C. CopyCat beanie - my fourth! One day I might return to other hat patterns, but I'm still fascinated with this simple beanie and I can't get enough of it :)


Pattern: C.C. CopyCat beanie
Yarn: Filitaly Macas, 65 g, in three threads
Needle: 4.5 mm, 5 mm
Time to knit: 3 days


1 comment:

  1. I love how you knitted up this pattern in different colors.

    ReplyDelete