Saturday, November 24, 2018

FO: Wisteria Sweater


A photo presentation of my latest most favourite sweater - Wisteria. It is my own design and I am truly proud with it. The sweater is boxy - a form I wouldn't have thought I would like on myself, as I definitely prefer tailored clothes, but this one I love, go figure. My initial attempt at knitting the yarn was in fact a fitting raglan sweater, which I had almost finished, when I abandoned the idea and frogged it. And I am so, so glad I did - now I have a sweater I love and I am actually going to wear, a lot.
It is knit bottom up to the armholes in reverse stockinette, then I knit the sleeves to the armholes, adding a juicy fat cable for interest and from the armholes up I knitted all the parts together in a composite raglan, preserving the cable up to the neckpiece. When I reached the neckline, I cast off the central stitches on the front and started decreasing to round the neckline, converting from knitting in the round to knitting back and forth.


The whole weight of the sweater is only 140 g - it's like a light super soft cloud around the body and it is surprisingly warm. It was 5C (41F) when we took these pictures today and husband was wearing a wool hat, winter jacket and his hood on and I was posing just in my light sweater and I swear I was not cold (too much :) ).


The yarn is my own composition out of two very thin Italian bobbin yarns -
  • Zegna Baruffa Cashwool 100% merino 1500 m / 100 g and 
  • Zegna Baruffa Mousse 70% merino 30% polyamide 1400 m / 100 g 
so the average thickness of my resulting yarn was 750 m / 100g, probably the thinnest yarn I've handknit so far. The color of the yarn is also my own handdyeing, using a concoction of red, blue and black to produce plum and some diluted red to add a bit of pink.



Pattern: Wisteria Sweater (personal pattern)
Yarn: Zegna Baruffa Cashwool and Mousse, held together, 140 g
Needle: 3 mm rib, 3.25 mm body
Time to knit: from April to November






3 comments:

  1. Прекрасен пуловер в гама лилаво,с много ефектен орнамент на ръкавите,добре оформено деколте и леко втален,придаващ елегантност на силуета.Носи си го с удоволствие.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely finish. Your hair is cute.

    ReplyDelete