Sunday, March 19, 2017

Striped Sock Yarn


The second 50 g of the white Alize Superwash, which I dyed, using the same method I described in my previous post and five wool dyes - red, yellow, blue, violet and purple. This time I tried to dye the yarn in sections, aiming at stripes for socks my size.


You might have already guessed that I'm a fan of uneven, mixed, impressionist colors. I like harmony in asymmetry and irregularity.



I started the sock to see how the stripes would come out and I'm loving it. But first I have to finish the socks I'm knitting out of the green sock yarn.


4 comments:

  1. Great job on the dye striping. I like the micro stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your recent comment. I'm so happy my kid's wearin' it today. I can't wait to see you knit up Flax. You are a great garment knitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad your kid is wearing her new sweater today, it's so nice when the knitting is appreciated!

      Delete
  3. I think you are turning into professional dyer! You definitely have an eye for the color!

    ReplyDelete