Thursday, March 30, 2017

Striped Socks


My first afterthought heel socks, using the striped hand dyed yarn I made recently.
I think this is the perfect method for knitting socks with striped or other programmed yarns, though for other yarns I think I prefer knitting the heel as I go.


Pattern: Striped Socks - vanilla socks with afterthought heel, no specific pattern, 56 sts
Yarn: Alize Superwash, 50 g, hand dyed
Needle: 2.5 mm
Time to knit: 10 days




So far this is one of my favourite hand dyed yarns and knitting these vanilla socks was a pleasure I'll miss. But I'm done with socks, hats, scarves, etc. accessories, it's time to cast on a garment again. I'm testing an idea already ...




2 comments:

  1. Really brilliant job on the dyeing! And the socks (of course) are perfect!

    ReplyDelete