Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Bread with Dried Tomatoes


I've been planning to make this bread for centuries and finally I got to it today. It is a very delicious bread with strong Mediterranean flavour, which we all love. Only a couple of minutes ago my son came to me and told me:
- You have to make two loaves next time. It's very delicious and it's almost gone.
- But I did, I did make two loaves. This is the second loaf. We ate the whole first loaf at lunch.
- Then you have to make three loaves next time. :)))

Ingredients:
  • 500 g flour
  • 7 g instant dry yeast
  • 250 ml warm water
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • a handful of dried tomatoes, soaked in olive oil
  • 3 tbsp olive oil (from the tomatoes)
  • oregano


Mix the ingredients in a bowl, knead the dough and leave to rise. I use quick rise - about 45 min in an oven at 40C. After the dough has doubled its volume, cut into two balls, knead and make two loaves. Leave them to rise again in the oven at 40C for about 30 min.


Make deep decorative cuts in the loaves, cover with flour and place in the oven to bake at 180C. When the bread is well baked take it out of the oven and place the loaves on a rack to cool. You can also add cut olives to the dough for even stronger Mediterranean taste.





No comments:

Post a Comment