Sunday, March 1, 2015

First Fimo Attempts


Gaby's BFF had a name's day yesterday and my daughter decided to make her a FIMO necklace. This is her first attempt with FIMO and I think it turned out pretty good. I didn't take pictures of the process, but I'll add the youtube tutorial she used to make the balls. I thought working with FIMO clay was challenging, but for such simple items it is actually easy and I'm inspired to make some FIMO jewelry for myself.
This is the process of baking the clay - on an aluminum foil in an oven at 110 C for 30 min.


 Placing the ear for the string:

 Drying the balls after lacquering:

Hubby and I left for a hike and I couldn't take pictures of the final version of the necklace and the handmade greetings card that accompanied it, but I'm told the present was a big success.

First version of the necklace:

1 comment:

  1. What a great project. This necklace came out terrific.

    ReplyDelete