Thursday, June 20, 2013

Cobalt in Purple


Pattern: Cobalt by Kim Hargreaves
Yarn: Alize Sunny 220 g and YarnArt  Violet 140 g, held together
Needle: 3 mm moss stitch rib and neckline, 3.5 mm body
Time to knit: three weeks with pauses, hesitation and a dye job



I said it before and I'll say it again - this is one of the most enjoyable patterns I've knitted. The diamonds chart is easy to remember and addictive to knit, the construction is simple and elegant classic Kim that I like so much. I'll would knit it again with pleasure if a friend or a family member would like me too.


I'm pretty happy with my dye job too - aubergine is so much more my color and who knew it would go so well with light green. And BTW I dyed my hair in aubergine last month too, so - it goes well with my hair now :)))






And a few photos to break the monotony of my boring standard poses. A few days ago Gail posted a link to Rachel's vlog on posing when presenting your finished work, which I found very interesting and took mental notes to have her tips in mind when shooting this cardigan. And of course, when in front of the camera, I was again the same old me with the same old stances and facial expressions and the few pictures where I tried to be interesting look pretty silly:




11 comments:

  1. I love the one where you are peering over your shades! Don't give up on posing in other ways! I love purple and green together, usually more brighter shades, but this combo too. Again, great job on the dyeing and knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Получил се е много приятен топъл цвят, който може да се комбинира с доста други цветове.Релефът на плетката се откроява добре.Браво за изпълнението на плетивото!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! The aubergine looks terrific :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning cardi, it's perfect with your dress, so pretty. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks gorgeous on you! It really is your color. And posing is so hard, isn't it?! But I think you did a much better job than me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome sweater. I think your fun poses are great. I like all of them, and I like the movement of the sweater in the last one. But all that being said, the first few "boring" photos really show off your gorgeous knitting so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, great sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun photo shoot you had! The dye was the perfect color to choose. It's terrific on you as the garment is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an elegant cardigan and beautiful photos. It really suits you, lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete