My mind was really preoccupied with some stuff yesterday and I wasn't paying attention at all when I picked my knitting of the second front. First I forgot the waist decreases, so I had to unravel some 8 rows, no big deal. But in the evening, while I was knitting blissfully and watching Lie to Me, it suddenly struck me - oy! I had to make buttonholes on this front, damn! It did cross my mind to use tick-tack buttons (can't remember how these were actually called in English), but it didn't feel right, I'd rather unravel the front. Anyway, I put the knitting aside. This morning I found that I had also made a mistake in the double moss border some 9 rows below the current row. And another mistake in the current row, which I found 5 rows later (oh, my!!!).
And because unravelling is the easiest way out and one can always resort to it in the end, first I decided to try mending the buttonband locally. I dropped the middle two stitches to the 28th row, where I had to make the first hole, knitted two together and one yarn over and continued to knit these two stitches in double moss. This photo is half way up the mending:
When I reached the place, where I had made the mistake in the double moss, knitting two rows in single moss, I dropped 5 of the stitches of the buttonband, keeping the border stitch and continued knitting these locally until the current row. There is still that little irregularity in the border stitches, a bit visible on two or three rows, but I didn't want to risk wonky border stitches, if I tried to mend them too. I'm relieved I didn't have to reknit the front, the repair seems acceptable and now I have two button holes:
Here's where I've got so far. This cardigan is really addictive, a very enjoyable process: