Sunday, February 13, 2011


This spring-summer season I've set a goal to extend my yarn experience by testing at least 5 new summer yarns. The first of these is YarnArt Summer - a shiny blend of 70% cotton threads and 30% rayon. I swatched quite a few patterns with Summer before I chose this high ribbed top. The yarn is rather thin and most of my queued projects called for thicker cotton blends.
The color is Bordeaux - something new for my wardrobe. So far I'm pleased with the knitting result, not so much with the knitting process, which is a real slog on the 2 mm (US 0) needles. The monotonous 60 rows of 2x1 rib would have been a perfect TV knit, but the yarn is quite tricky, the rayon thread is constantly splitting and catching the needles. I'm knitting in the round with some negative ease, or at least I hope so, it's difficult to say so far, only 10 cm of the rib have been knitted.
Fingers crossed, it should get easier when I switch to the body lace.

No comments:

Post a Comment