Friday, February 11, 2011

Be careful what you wish for

'cause you just might get it

For a long time I've been wanting a very slouchy hat and I've been complaining that the supposedly slouchy hats I knitted where too small - even way too small - the 16-cable-hat turned as a beanie, actually.
So, when I embarked on this new project I took double precautions, even triple -
chose a designer, known for her bigger than expected hats, thicker yarn and
a needle one size bigger than the pattern called for.
Ha!
Half way through it became obvious that I was getting a large baking tin rather than a beret. I unraveled the 5 mm knit-work and started with the required 4 mm needle. And of course, I was knitting it in the round, I dislike sewing seams. The color - rose ashes - is an old love of mine (especially after I read "Thorn birds" at the age of fourteen), the design drawing is beautiful, and the hat is really big and v-e-r-y s-l-o-u-c-h-y.
So I hate it :) and I'll probably frog it.
CROAK CROAK

Name: Starr
Designer: Kim Hargreaves
Yarn: Linate Multi Color 100 g / 200 m
Needle: circular 3 mm rib, 4 mm body







No comments:

Post a Comment