Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Rilska Skakavitza 2022

This Thursday husband, Gaby and her boyfriend and I went to Rila and hiked to the frozen Rilska Skakavitza waterfalls. It was a gorgeous sunny and warm winter day, with lots of fresh white snow and untrodden snow fields in the Skakavitza river valley. We did the full circuit trail, starting from Gyundera hut, through Zeleni Preslap and Skakavitza hut, to the waterfall and back along the alternative trail through Pionerska hut. It was a good exercise and a most satisfying hike, with breath-taking views and an unusual sense of solitude, as it was a workday and we were the only hikers along the trail.

I got to try my German a little and - oh, boy, how little have I learned during the past four months for everyday talk :))) As much as I like Duolingo, it will take TIME in order to be able to have some semblance of a chat at my rate of learning!

Hike info:
Destination: Rilska Skakavitza Waterfalls
Mountain: Rila
Total length: 12.4 km
Elevation gain: 560 m
Total duration (plus picnic and rests): 5 hours
Average difficulty: 6 / 10
 


Me-made items, worn on this hike:
 
Husband: men's boxers, Knip Mode cargo pants, skull hat, scarf (in the backpack)

I:  lingerie, Wisteria sweater, CC copycat hat, scarf (in the backpack)

Gaby: Tre Archi sweater, CC copycat hat, scarf











No comments:

Post a Comment