Sunday, February 20, 2022

Cowl Neck Jersey Blouse


UPDATE with a couple of modeled photos Gaby just sent me:
 
 

I made a quick jersey blouse for Gaby. Our girl was in Sofia for a week with her boyfriend and I used the opportunity to make her a new blouse :)

The pattern is another BurdaStyle pattern, one of the many I have bought lately in search of the perfect cowl neck T-shirt. This pattern not only features a cowl neck, but also an interesting semi-square neckline with gatherings on both sides of the front raglan lines.

Because the neckline is designed a bit too wide, as is actually quite characteristic for Burda patterns, I made some important modifications to the pattern. First, I raised the neckline by 2 cm, thus narrowing the circumference. Then I narrowed the front, the back and the raglan sleeves by 1 cm each, which resulted in additional 8 cm less neck circumference. And finally, I made the band for the lining of the neck as short as possible. As a result the cowl neck now lies nicely around the neck and does not gape down to the belly button, as one seamstress complained on the Burda ru forum site.

 
Size: 36, modified
Fabric: viscose jersey
Time to make: 3 days

I like the pattern a lot and I intend to make one for myself, but I'll add some volume to the body, as it is a bit too hugging for me as it is now, after all of the modifications I did to it.







I I absolutely love how the blouse fits her. I could have probably taken some thought on the pattern placement, but I'm not sure if that would have made a big difference.



No comments:

Post a Comment