Friday, October 16, 2020

Simple Men's Lounge Pants

Here's the pair of lounge pants I made for my son at the beginning of the month. These have been worn and washed twice and are holding pretty well. The fabric is cotton knit, very easy to work with.

The pattern I cut is from Shkatulka, their simple men's lounge pants, size 46 for height 178-183 cm. The size fit Alex perfectly, I don't remember making any corrections to the length or width of the pattern, I only moved the placement of the pockets to the side seams. Here are a few youtube tutorials on the sewing of the pockets, which I wish I had found before I started sewing the pants :) I spent probably an hour racking my brain over the pockets, watching useless in my case tutorials for inseam pockets in skirts and dresses, until I somehow figured it out. And on the next day, probably based on my previous searches, youtube offered me these Russian videos  for inseam pockets in men's pants - just what I had been looking for.

Pattern: Simple Lounge Pants by Shkatulka
Size: 46 for height 178-183 cm
Fabric: Cotton Knit 
Thread: grey and light blue, polyesther
Time to make: 2 days


I made the waist band separate, sewing it double over a 3.5 cm wide elastic band. Next time I should make the band a bit looser, as Alex noted that what he considered comfortable after a brief testing turned too tight after a day's wear.


No comments:

Post a Comment