Saturday, September 12, 2020

Two Men's T-shirts

This past week I was very busy with the overlocker - apart from the T-shirt I showed you, I made two more T-shits for Gaby and myself out of the same bamboo knit, which I still haven't photographed. And then I made two T-shirts for my husband and my son.

The pattern I used for the men's T-shirts is a free pattern from the Russian site Shkatulka - MT030313, tailored men's T-shirt. My husband wears size 52 according to their size table, so I downloaded the pattern and printed it. As the pattern says, the T-shirt is tailored and narrow, so after I measured the paper pattern pieces I found that size 52 was more suitable for my son, than his father. So I cut the first T-shirt for Alex.

The fabric is a rayon-polyester blend, soft and fluid and the boys liked it a lot. To liven it a bit, I added a navy blue neckband. For my husband's T-shirt I decided to use the same paper pattern, just to widen it by a total of 6 cm. I also added length to the pattern pieces, as my boys are higher than the indicated pattern height of 174-178 cm.
 
Size: 52 and 56
Fabric: Rayon-polyester blend, 1.5 m
Thread: polyester
Time to make: 2 days

To make the T-shirts, I alternated between the overlocker and the straight sewing machine - all the basic seams are done on the overlocker, the shoulders are reinforced with fusible and straight seams, the back neck seam is covered and the hems are executed on the straight machine with a double needle.

 
I am especially proud of the covered neck seam - it does give the T-shirts a professional look.



1 comment:

  1. The neck binding you did does look professional. This looks like a comfortable t-shirt for your husband that he can move around in.

    ReplyDelete