Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Perfect Pizza Crust


Everybody's "perfect" pizza crust is different, obviously - we are four at home and we all have different preferences. However, two months ago I found MY perfect crust and I'm writing down the recipe here for future reference (I often use the blog as my cook book :)

Crust for three 30 cm pizzas:
  • 630 g flour
  • 315 g warm water
  • 10 g dry yeast
  • 10 g sugar
  • 5 g salt
  • 40 g olive oil
Mix the ingredients (I use a stand mixer) for 10 min. Place the dough in a bowl to rise for 1-2 hours, depending on the room temperature. Cut the ready dough into three balls. You can keep the spare dough in the fridge for a day or in the freezer for longer periods of time.


For today's pizza I used boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into pieces and grilled in the grill pan, tomato paste, oregano, olives and mozzarella. I bake the pizza in a hot oven at 250C until the crust is crispy at the edges.


A slice of freshly baked pizza with a glass of cold beer - I could easily live like that another 50 years :)

1 comment: