A few of the things I've been working on lately:
A semi-wearable muslin for the Scoop Top - a free pattern and tutorial by Kristin at the Skirt as a Top blog. I don't have a coverstitch, nor a overlocker machine, but I was curious to try my ordinary sewing machine on knits. For this top I cut an old T-shirt of my husband and used the fabric to create this cute easy top. It is amazing what a difference using the right stretch sewing needle made - now I'm encouraged to buy some knit fabric and try my first real knit top. And I learned some useful lessons with this muslin, like cutting the neckline band really shorter than the neckline, not just 2 cm shorter, but at least 5 cm shorter, to make it lay flat. Here I had to insert an elastic thread in my neckpiece to make it stay around the neck.
A few days ago I dyed 200g of Italian bobbin merino in this semi-solid teal color and cast on Joji Locatelli's Odysey Shawl. My intention was to make the shawl in gradient teal colors, dyeing the next sections darker and darker, but I loved the first color so much, that I decided to leave it as it is and make the shawl in just this one color. It is a very easy and fairly quick project, I like garter stitch projects, they are relaxing and perfect TV knitting.
A quick macrame necklace out of the yarn for my mother's Christina. I made this almost a month ago, but I keep forgetting to show it on the blog. The idea is from here:
And finally - Christina is done and ready to be gifted to my mother. I plan to make a proper photo session of it later this week, using Gaby as a model.