Thursday, January 18, 2018

Autumn By The Road Socks


I finished the first of the two pairs of sock yarn I dyed with pre-knitted by me sock blanks. The colors were inspired by an autumn photo of trees by a road and I love them. Although Gaby is posing for me for this photosession, the socks are for me and on my feet as I'm writing this post :)


For these socks I used my new addi 8" circular needle and I have pretty mixed feelings about it. It is just too small and uncomfortable and knitting with it was actually slower than magic loop knitting with my addi 80 cm circular needle.

I definitely prefer the longer needle for the toes, heels and cuffs of the socks, for the body of vanilla socks I'm willing to give it another try to get used to it. I know there are many sock knitters that prefer such short needles.



Pattern: Vanilla socks with Fish Lips Kiss Heel
Yarn: Alize Superwash hand dyed, 50 g
Needle: 2.5 mm
Time to knit: 4 days


1 comment:

  1. Appropriately named this FO is. I envisioned a concrete road lined with trees in autumn form. I bought the FLK pattern before 2017 ended. I'll have to give it a go on my next sock WIP.

    ReplyDelete