Monday, December 11, 2017

FO: Pastel Stripe Socks


Friday night I finished the new socks I was knitting for Gaby, using my first hand-dyed self-striping yarn. Gaby wanted them identical and I did a pretty good job matching them and using up all of the yarn I had dyed. The only difference between the socks is the end of the heel of second sock - one strand of yarn had flipped during the dyeing process and got blue instead of pink dye. Luckily it was the last strand of the yarn, I could have cut it out, but I actually like the fact that there is some minute difference between the otherwise very identical socks. I'm like that, I have to insert some irregularity withing the symmetry.


Pattern: Vanilla socks with after-thought heel, no specific pattern, 58 sts
Yarn: Alize Superwash, 60 g, hand-dyed
Needle: 2.5 mm
Time to knit: about a week among other things



5 comments:

  1. Много оригинална презентация :), а малката разлика в симетрията на шарките на петичката само подчертава перфектното изпълнение!
    Поздрави,
    Татяна

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great finish. You dyed that yarn so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are perfect! The colors turned out just right.

    ReplyDelete