Saturday, September 10, 2016

Project 31 Days of August


In August I started a project on Facebook, where I published one photo per day on my page. The idea behind the project as to carry out a short-term trial for an annual challenge and in the meanwhile to expand my knowledge and use of the DSLR camera.
To my amazement, instead of being energized, I felt bored and horrified right from the start. Finding a topic to photograph and talk about turned difficult - not that things didn't happen, but then I didn't feel like taking pictures and I found carrying the camera around cumbersome and a bit embarrassing - as if I was trying to pretend to be a photographer, when I'm obviously not. So I only took the camera with me once, and on later days when out I took pictures with my phone or the smaller travel camera, which obviously was not the point of the exercise.
I did miss two days - the 28th, when I simply forgot to take a picture, and the 31st, when I gave up the idea, after racking my brains for a while for a theme for a descent last picture.
So, while I sill enjoy taking pictures and more so looking at pictures taken by talented people, now I know that photography isn't my thing.

4 comments:

  1. At least you tried. Perhaps a month of trying was too much. Maybe if you're inspired in some way by something you see you'd want to try out just one technique for example. I hope to do that one day, LOL, one day said long ago. Too much on my plate already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably that's the issue with me too - too much on my plate already :) But probably, without the pressure of daily photos, I might still try new techniques once a week ...

      Delete
  2. Според мен изеята ти е чудесна и си струва да продължиш! Можеш да направиш проекта - една снимка на седмица, например:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Благодаря ти! Може би си права - веднъж седмично звучи изпълнимо, може и да ми хареса :)

      Delete