The year may seem not that productive as the previous years, probably because I also did some cross stitching, which I haven't finished yet, lots of puzzles and quite a lot of hiking and traveling. We hiked many places and climbed quite a few peaks on Pirin, Vitosha, the Balkan mountain, Ruy, Rila, Plana, Cherna Gora. Among these are the five mountain summits we climbed this year:
Ruy (1706 м) - husband and I took part in the International Climbing of Mt. Ruy.
One of the difficult climbs, with some extra steep elevation
Cherni Vruh (2290 м) - the yearly climb of Vitosha's highest,
this time the entire family present
Vihren (2914 м) - the highest of Pirin, the most extreme climbing this year
Manastirishte (1338 м) - the highest of Plana, more like
a walk in the park than mountain climbing, very relaxing hike
Tumba (1129 м) - we had to travel to Cherna Gora twice to find its highest peak,
but I'm glad we did, as the place is very pleasant for hiking
And a few New Year resolutions or rather suggestions, craft and non-craft related:
- Resume learning Spanish. My goal this year is four 30 min lessons per week. I've actually started this week and I'm already four lessons ahead.
- Exercise using my left hand. I'm a right-handed person, but I've decided I want to develop some left-hand skills, so I started some basic left-hand writing exercises, brushing my teeth with my left hand and eating with my left-hand, when I remember to practice. My aim is not to become ambidextrous, but rather to develop my brain and to have fun, learning something new.
- Exercise on the cross trainer for 15-20 min every day. I've been doing this for the past couple of weeks, skipping a day here and there. Easily achievable, and still - rarely done, and we've had the machine for almost 10 years now.
- Try new yarn and dye more yarn. Though I prefer seeing and touching and feeling yarn before buying it, I'll have to start ordering online
- Try my hand at hand-made jewelry
- Sew a garment. I've been piling fabrics and Burda magazines, it's high time I dared and cut into them.
But no matter whether I follow the above or not, I hope 2016 will be a healthy, productive, successful and happy year for all of us - my family and you, my friends!