Sunday, July 19, 2015

Olive Rolls


A simple recipe I'm putting down mostly for my own reference, as I often use the blog as a recipe book :)
Ingredients:
  • 500 g all purpose flour
  • 300 g lukewarm water
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 150 g pitted olives
  • 7 g instant dry yeast
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
  • a generous pinch of oregano
  • hard yellow cheese for spreading


Blend the olives with 100 g of water. If you don't have a blender, you can just cut them into pieces. Sift the flour, add the yeast, water, blended olives, olive oil, salt, sugar and oregano and knead. Leave the dough for an hour to rise. After it has risen, divide it into three balls, knead and spread thin each ball, forming a circle. Cut the circle into four sectors and roll each sector (sorry I forgot to take pictures). Leave the rolls to rest and rise again for half an hour.


Glaze the rolls with olive oil, spread grated yellow cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 180C.


Serve with cheese or pate.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning, I am going to make olive rolls again. Thank you for the receipt! I was wondering about the amount of suger and salt, could it be switched?

    ReplyDelete