Tuesday, January 27, 2015

WIP: Monte Rosa

It looks like monte rosa, it smells like monte rosa, but it's not monte rosa :)))


I'm making a visual interpretation of Isabell Kraemer's monte rosa pattern. The original pattern is a long cardigan continuously knitted from top to bottom. However I'm at a stage of my knitting when I prefer cardigans, knitted in separate parts from bottom to top and then sewn together. I've noticed that my knitted clothes, especially cardigans, have better structure and are less deformed in the course of  wearing and cleaning (machine washing at low temperature and delicate cycle, no centrifuge) when knitted in separate parts.


The interpretation also features some of the modifications, made by other knitters, which I liked better than the original - shorter, more fitted cardigan with stockinette stitch side sections. I'm still thinking about the closing - zipper or buttons, but I'll cross that bridge when i get to it.
The green color is fairly true in these photos, but the yellow is much more subdued, it's actually mustard and the combination looks better in real life.


2 comments:

  1. Only clever you would be able to take that design apart and put it together the way you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also prefer seams. Yes, they can be tedious sometimes, but they DO add more structure to the garment. Your version is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete