Sunday, August 11, 2024

Red T-shirt for Husband

One more T-shirt for husband. Although he does have plenty of T-shirts, he requested a few new this summer and of course, I was more than happy to oblige.

The pattern is the one and only, that i use for men's short and long sleeve T-shirts - Burda 132 from the December 2020 issue. Despite the fact, that I've already made probably a dozen T-shirts out of this pattern, I'm still perfecting the fit for husband. 

This summer he requested them with a bit looser fit, so I've been cutting the size 50, with added length, but with corrections for the neck opening, which he prefers more close fitting.


Size: 50 with with added length
Fabric: cotton knit
Time to make: 2 days

 

As is my habit of late, I added again a pocket for interest, with a small label I've salvaged from something old I've probably thrown away. I like the way these pockets with labels break the monotony of plain color T-shirts. 

I've covered again the back neckline with a strip of fabric, the way men's T-shirts are made industrially. I like the polished look such finishing provides, apart from its utility purpose - to cover the overlocked edge. Funny, that such finishing is rare in women's T-shirts.


No comments:

Post a Comment