Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Grey T-shirt for Husband

One more T-shirt I made for husband, probably the last short-sleeved one I'm making for him this year (for now :).

There isn't much to say about it, I used the same pattern with the same corrections I had made for the previous T-shirt, the only difference is, that I added color elements, utilizing some remnant fabric from his previous red T-shirt.

Size: 50 with with added length
Fabric: polycotton knit
Time to make: 2 days

A curious fact - I paid double the money for this grey fabric, compared to the red fabric. Both fabrics are the same length - about 1 m with 180 cm width. However, the red fabric was 100% cotton knit, while this grey fabric is soft and pleasant to the touch, but the burn test showed, that it had some (probably about 25-30% polyester content). So, higher price is not always an indicator for higher quality, you know :)

On the other hand, the grey fabric was very easy and pleasant to work with and has a really nice touch to the skin, so all in all I am actually happy with it, despite the polyester content.

No comments:

Post a Comment