Monday, January 17, 2022

My Make Nine in 2022

This year I decided to take part in the popular Make Nine sewing challenge. The idea is to plan and then sew during the year nine clothing articles according to some criteria, relevant to the pledging sewist. 

My Make Nine are a motley crew - some are patterns I have been planning last year and even the year before, but never came to making them and others are specific clothing items, which I want to sew and the pattern might be the one I have or another I might buy in the future.

The first six are things I plan to make for myself and the last three are items for each of my other family members.

So, this year will be the year of jackets, I have planned at least three:

1. Denim Jacket. I had in my stash KnipMode #12 03/2020, but last year I came upon a Burda pattern of a denim jacket for shorter women, so this is the pattern of my choice: Burda #109 02/2010

2. Biker Jacket. In this case I know I want the type of item, I'm still not sure about the pattern. I already have two Burda biker jacket patterns bought, I'll have to study them carefully and make a choice.

3. Fleece Jacket. I have Burda 6337 from their 2019 catalogue and I'm planning to make the version with the hood, maybe.

The second category of items is dresses and pants. I have planned two dresses which I really want to try.

4. Burda #126 01/2015 is very feminine with interesting shoulder details. I plan to make it out of light viscose and short above the knees

5. Burda #118 07/2018 has been on my radar since I saw it on Carolyn's blog. She made it again recently out of another gorgeous fabric and published a video tutorial  - how can I resist :)

6. The last item I want to make for myself is cargo pants. The pattern I have is Burda #120 08/2019, but I might choose another pattern if I come upon a more suitable one; and I am definitely making them out of sturdy cotton material and not silk or viscose, as in the photo.

My selfless sewing plans include 

7. Hoodie for my husband. He likes this pattern by Vikisews, I have also bought two Burda patterns, so it'll be one of these.

8. Summer shorts for Alex. I know he likes this style of shorts, hopefully he might enjoy a pair made by me. The pattern I have is Burda #137 04/2016

9. And the last item is something I know Gaby would appreciate - a dirndl for Oktoberfest. I have no idea what fabrics I'll find in Sofia, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Of course, I'll sew many other things besides these nine, but I think it might be interesting to have a plan this year. And if I fail in making these nine or in the course of the year lose interest in any of them, I might swap them for other patterns, no pressure.

And because the year started more than two weeks ago, I have already made some progress on my Make Nine plans. Stay tuned for a very weather inappropriate first finished item for 2022 - the denim jacket :)

No comments:

Post a Comment