Sunday, March 17, 2019

Manastirishte, Spring 2019

Yesterday's hike was almost a repetition of our last year's hike on Manastirishte in March - sunny windy weather, gorgeous views to high mountains on all sides, crisp fresh air and easy trails. This year winter was short and mild and spring is a bit earlier - the snow on Plana had almost completely melted and the crocuses were out - like beautiful perky purple candles.

: The newly reconstructed church of Plana

: Vitosha in the distance

: Peak Marchin kamuk (1242 м)



: Rila in the distance, covered with clouds


: Crocuses and bees - spring is here to stay!




:Peak Manastirishte


: The old chapel on the peak

: On the peak (1338 m)



: Husband thought I was very funny, shading my eyes with my cap upon my hat :) Drinking herbal tea, eating home-made cheese pie and enjoying the view to my favourite Rila


: The village of Plana


: The Buddhist stupa near the village




1 comment: