Monday, July 16, 2018

Wisteria Sweater II


So, after finishing my angora FIFA sweater, which I enjoyed so much, and with still half the World Cup tournament ahead, I felt like prolonging the experience of knitting a stockinette sweater in the round. I spent most of my knitting time in April on a mohair sweater with hand-dyed yarn, which I ended ripping off. But I loved the yarn so much that I decided to give it another go. This time I'm designing it boxy and short (still debating the length), in reverse stockinette, bottom up. I plan compound raglan with shoulder patches, continuing from the sleeves and round neckline.


To spice up the simple texture I added an interesting cable to the sleeves, which I plan to continue on the shoulder patches. The yarn is very thin - 750 m / 100 g, difficult to knit and I wouldn't call this process very enjoyable. So I'm determined - regardless whether I like the final result, that's it, I'm not reknitting this yarn for the third time.



The tournament finished last night and I'm only halfway through the new sweater, but I hope I'll be able to finish it before the colder days and evenings are back. It'll be a perfect early autumn sweater.



1 comment:

  1. That is such a pretty colorway and I love that running cable down the arms.

    ReplyDelete