Thursday, November 23, 2017

New Sock Yarn and WIP


And my latest yarn dyeing results - a set of two colorways for a pair of socks. The grey for the toes and the heels was dyed in the microwave. I placed the yarn in clear water with citric acid and then poured the dye here and there on the yarn to create slight variations of color.


The yarn for the body of the socks was kettle dyed, using the twisted skein technique. First I applied the light grey color, washed the yarn, retwisted the skein and applied the light pink color and after washing again the yarn and retwisting it yet again I added the third color - light lilac.


The combination is a bit outside of my comfort zone, as I am definitely a red-yellow-orange person, but I intend to gift the socks to a friend and I think these might be more her colors.


And a sneak-peek to my WIP - a sweater for Gaby I cast way back in February. It's half brioche, it's thin yarn, it's black - and it's taking forever! I knit the back for almost a month and abandoned it for more interesting projects. Recently I resumed my work on it, but now and again I feel the urge to diversify with something smaller and more colorful for some instant gratification. I do hope the sweater will turn wearable in the end, as being short and boxy it is quite far from my preferred forms, but we'll cross our fingers and hope for the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment