Sunday, March 20, 2016

Rainbow Socks


A new pair of socks for Alex, made from Kauni Artistic Rainbow, 8/2. I knitted them again toe up, using the recipe for toe up socks by Charisa Cairn and German short rows for the heel. I love their bright cheery colors and now I'm planning a cardigan with the rest of the yarn, but maybe for autumn, as it is already time for cotton knitting.


Pattern: Rainbow Socks
Yarn: Kauni Artistic Rainbow, 8/2, approx. 50 g, men's shoe size 43 EU
Needle: 3 mm
Time to knit: one week




And I had another go at the Leopard Cake, but this time I made all the corrections I had planned from last time - doubled the sugar (150 g), sprinkled it with crystal sugar before baking and reduced the cocoa in the lighter brown dough. It's so much better like this! Now I want to make the still too white dough yellow-orange and try adding egg yolks to the dough - next time :)


7 comments:

  1. Wow! Those socks are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olá, ficaram muito lindas :-) beijos doces

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this rainbow! How colourful this yarn is! Beautiful socks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun socks!! Love the rainbow gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Носочки весёленькие получились)))
    А кекс просто чудо!!!Такой интересный!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete