Sunday, October 11, 2015

Milkless Apple Cake


This past week was all doom and gloom - cold, rain and heavy leaden skies. I find that one of the remedies for cold grey weather is baking apples and pumpkins. The smell of cinnamon and ginger somehow makes cold justifiable :)


This apple cake is one of the simplest I've made and it doesn't require any milk or yogurt. Last year Alex suddenly developed lactose intolerance and despite our hopes that it was only temporary, eating dishes prepared with milk continues to cause him stomach ache and discomfort. So I tried baking an apple cake without milk and it turned so juicy and delicious, that I'm putting the recipe down:
Ingredients:
  • three eggs
  • one cup of sugar
  • two cups of flour
  • 1 baking powder 10 g
  • 3 average apples, peeled, grated
  • 50 ml vegetable oil
  • cinnamon, ginger, vanilla extract

Peel and grate the apples. Beat the eggs with the sugar, add the oil, the flour with the baking powder, the grated apples and flavors. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C.
We've already eaten two of these :))


And I finally finished the Wildflower Cardigan. I still have to sew the sleeves and buy the buttons ... one of these days.

But my mind is already on my next project - Patons' Urban Aran, which I want to knit into a cardigan for me.

And I also sampled this delicious woolsilk tweed for Kim Hargreaves' Wisdom. I love the pattern, but I'm still not convinced I want to turn the tweed into it. There's this intimidation expensive and cherished yarn has on a knitter - I want to find the perfect pattern for it.


2 comments:

  1. I can smell the apple and cinnamon from here. What a cozy atmosphere in your home. The blue cardigan is bold and telling that gloomy weather in your face! I like these reddish hued yarns you've been playing with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so delicious in this post! I love this textured stitch, looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete