Wednesday, June 10, 2015

WIP Charming Waterway Cross Stitch


After almost a year of hiatus from this Dimensions cross stitch I resumed my work on the project. Sometimes, when I put away a big project, I feel some resentment to returning to it. I think I got a bit fed up with knitting cotton cardigans and I wanted to do some cross stitching, but I couldn't feel the thrill which made me start Charming Waterway. So I picked another project - Heigl's Toscana and I almost started it, when I decided to give another chance to Venice. And I'm so glad I did, because once I started embroidering it my love for the picture returned and I've been working on it for two weeks now. I try to do some of the backstitching as I go along, because leaving it all for when the picture is finished would be a nightmare.
I won't probably finish it this summer, as there is still much to stitch and my eyes are beginning to feel tired, but I'll finish it some day.







2 comments:

  1. Какая красивая картина у тебя будет!!!Люблю Венецию!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. That is intrinsic cross stitching work there. You remind me I have a kawaii, cross stitch pattern from STITCHES West that needs to be started. It'll go with our Hawaiian themed living room.

    ReplyDelete