Thursday, July 4, 2024

Three Men's Dark Grey T-shirts

In the second half of June I made three men's T-shirts out of a big piece of high quality cotton T-shirts knit fabric - two short sleeve T-shirts for my father (not photographed) and my son and one longsleeve for my husband. All three T-shirts were made out of the same Burdastyle pattern, my true and tried Burda 132 from their December 2020 issue.

Starting from the last one, here is the longsleeve for my husband, which we photographed yesterday, taking advantage of the span of cold weather we had on the day amidst the wave of heat this whole spring and summer.

This time I decided to go up a size and made the size 50 for him. It fits him well in the torso, but is too wide around the shoulders and the neck. Next time I sew him a T-shirt I think I will go back to the 48 size in the upper part of the blouse and transition to 50 in the under the armholes part, to give him more ease in the mid-section.

 
Size: 50 with with added length and width
Fabric: cotton viscose knit
Time to make: 3 days


Lately I've been in the habit of adding a small pocket with a label to the T-shirts I make, I think it gives them some interest and makes them look a bit more professionally made.

This is the second T-shirt I made and it is identical to the first for my father, only the size is different.


Size: 46 with with added length and 50 with with added length
Fabric: cotton viscose knit
Time to make: 3 days for the first one; 2 days for the second

As is my custom lately, I covered the backneck with a black cotton knit band, following this youtube tutorial I highly recommend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICzbAmApp-I



No comments:

Post a Comment