Sunday, November 19, 2023

Color Block and Grey Blouses

After the green blouse I made for my husband, I sewed two more quick longsleeves, based on the same pattern. The first is a color block longsleeve, planned around the remnants from the green cotton fabric and two other cotton fabrics I liked as a color combination. 

I made some slight changes to the original longsleeve pattern - I moved the shoulder line back to the true shoulder and I moved the neck opening to the front, otherwise it is the same pattern with added length.


Size: 48 with with added length
Fabric: cotton knit
Time to make: 1 day

For the back I decided against adding another yellow strip and left it just green and grey. It was great fun, planning and sewing this color block longsleeve and I should make more color block blouses.

While taking the pictures in the park, we saw a squirrel, munching on some late autumn fruit.

Right after I made husband's blouse, I decided to use up all of the grey cotton knit fabric and made a plain grey longsleeve for our son.


Size: 46 with with added length
Fabric: cotton knit
Time to make: 2 days
 
I finished the neckline, following this super useful video tutorial.


No comments:

Post a Comment