Monday, June 5, 2023

Flared Leggings IV

A few photos of a new pair of flared leggings I made for Gaby. I have two pairs of these for myself and I wear them all the time, they are my most favourite bottoms to wear at home. Last year I made one for Gaby out of wide rib knit and she loved them, so this year, when I came upon a good quality wide rib knit I decided to make her another pair.

The pattern is one from Knip Mode magazine, which I managed miraculously to modify to perfection.  I shortened the crotch part by 6 cm and the length by another 6 cm - I am definitely not your average Scandinavian woman :) and I also made the flare much more modest, to be proportionate to the shorter length of the legs.

Size: S, shortened and modified
Fabric: rib knit
Time to make:  4 days

The only new element I introduced this time were the back pockets. I had some pieces of the fabric left, after I cut the leggings, and I thought that pockets would be a good way to utilize them. My first idea was to take the pattern of the back pockets from the Sabrina Slims (a Love Notions design). I added them properly and sewed away the leggings, only to find in the end, that these pockets were too big for the leggings and were lying too low on my behind. So I removed them and added a new pair of pockets, using the pocket pattern in my latest Burda calf-length jeans. These I find fit the leggings much better and I am quite happy with them.

I showed Gaby the pictures we took of the leggings yesterday and she eagerly approved them, now it remains to plan how to give them to her. I'll probably continue to sew for her and give her the bunch when she visits later in the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment