Thursday, September 9, 2021

Grey T-shirts

Today husband and sоn are wearing the T-shirts I sewed for them these last days. 

The pattern is a slim fit longsleeve from Burda 12 / 2020, which I bought specifically with Alex in mind, as he prefers his T-shirts short, slim and fitting.

For him I cut the smallest size 46 and additionally slimmed the tee by overlocking the side seams some 0.5 cm further in after comparing the t-shirt to his favourite RTW one. I also made some minor, but important modifications to the upper part of the tee - I added about 2 cm to the width of each shoulder and I deepened the neckline to fit him under his collar bone. And, obviously, I cut the sleeves short.  Now the fit is perfect and he says he truly likes him mom made T-shirt :) This pattern is a keeper for Alex (note to self!).

Size: 46 with mods
Fabric: cotton viscose knit
Time to make: 2 days



For husband I cut the original longsleeve, but as he does not like fitting blouses, I chose the biggest 54 size. However, despite the fact that he likes it and claims that it is super comfy, I think it was a mistake. He is a size 52 or possibly 50 and the larger size blouse is hanging off his shoulders, the neckline is too wide and the sleeves are a bit wider too. True, it is OK around his midriff, but otherwise it is simply a size bigger - my mistake. For him, to accommodate for his preference for looser blouses, I should keep to patterns that are regular or loose fit, and not try to fit him into larger slim fit blouses. Again, mostly note to self, but it might help others, struggling with similar fitting issues too.

Size: 54
Fabric: cotton viscose knit
Time to make: 2 days
 


No comments:

Post a Comment