Thursday, June 17, 2021

Striped Tunic

One more tunic in my wardrobe! This is a modified Laundry Day Tee by Love Notions, with added kimono sleeves and color blocking, tunic length.

Initially I wanted just another tee, but it turned out that my piece of diagonally striped cotton knit was only 50 cm long and would barely produce a cropped tee. I sat on the project for two days and finally decided to color block it. However, I didn't want to lose any of the striped fabric, so - it had to be a tunic. And it occurred to me that I liked a lot the curves of the LDT, so I turned it in a color blocked kimono sleeved tunic.

The black fabric was a serendipitous newcomer to my stash - a few days previously I had bought it for a dress version of Burda #114 06/2021 and it married the striped fabric perfectly. I risked to cut the upper part of the tunic from the black fabric before cutting the dress, but I had just enough for both projects.

 
Size: XS
Fabric: black ITY (100% polyester) and striped cotton knit (100% cotton)
Time to make: 2 days

I didn't even try to match the stripes at the sides, as because of the curve of the cut and the diagonal placement of the stripes such matching would have been impossible anyway.

 Now all I need is a new pair of black(er) jeans and a new haircut :)



No comments:

Post a Comment