Monday, March 29, 2021

The Chanel Skirt

 A few pictures of my new Chanel style boucle skirt:

This is a very comfortable mini skirt with interesting front panels and faux pocket flaps, which can be easily dressed up or down. I'm really happy that I saved the fabric from the failed Chanel jacket and made this skirt.

Size: 36
Fabric: wool boucle
Time to make: one week

I like how the skirt combines with the burgundy blouse I made last December.

I made a small modification of the back of the skirt - instead of the exposed zipper as per pattern, I installed an invisible zipper, straightened the central line and compensated the added width with a second narrow dart at the back.


The skirt is fully lined and closes with an invisible zipper. To clean the seam allowances here I used a Hong Kong seam binding with bias tape I made out of black cotton voile.  

I secured the bias cuts on the fronts with fusible and opted to finish the many layers of fabric there (the lined pocket flaps plus the two parts of the front) on the overlocker to avoid bulkiness.

The hem is finished with Hong Kong seam binding and then hand stitched.


1 comment: