Thursday, June 13, 2019

Second Peasant Skirt Burda 3/2013 #123


This is the second peasant skirt I made for Gaby, based on the pattern in Burda 3 / 2013. The fabric is nice high quality cotton with a little stretch. The top part of the skirt is lined with the same fabric and the skirt closes with a zipper. For the first skirt I used a visible zipper, which I placed using the squared method. For this skirt I decided to use the overlapped method, following this excellent tutorial. However, I hadn't thought it through, as adding the lining to the skirt with the overlapped zipper turned to be quite troublesome. I managed it, but I'm looking into invisible zippers now and next time I'll stick to centered zippers, invisible or not.


I'm pleased with how the skirt turned out and it has been quite in use since I sewed it at the end of last month. Now I'm thinking of a pretty white lace top to go with it.





1 comment: