Sunday, December 23, 2018

Double Photoshoot - Raspberry Heart and Copy.Cat C.C. Beanie


My last sweater for 2018 - Raspberry Heart, together with a hat I made with the remaining 100 g of the yarn - the immensely popular Copycat C.C. Beanie.

Pattern: Raspberry Heart (personal pattern)
Yarn: Pecci Filati Pacchero 16% alpaca superfine, 26% merino, 13% viscose, 30% acrylic, 15% nylon, 200 g, hand dyed
Needle: 3.5 mm rib, 4 mm body
Time to knit: three weeks



Pattern: Copy.Cat C.C. Beanie by Emily Ingrid
Yarn:  Pecci Filati Pacchero, 65 g, held double
Needle: 4.5 mm brim, 5 mm body
Time to knit: 2 days


Gaby has been wearing these two for several days now and seems very happy with my knitting Christmas present for her (given in advance), especially the sweater. The design and the color are very much to her taste and I think they suit her beautifully.


I posted a picture of the sweater and the hat on FB and got so many requests to write down the pattern, that I feel obligated to do so, may be during the holidays. This year I've become more and more confident in my designing skills and of the six sweaters I knitted this year five were my original design and one (Drop's Stella Alpina) was based on a pattern, but I did entirely my own calculations and dyed my own yarn for the purpose. Still, when it comes to writing down the pattern and calculating it for different sizes - that's a whole different animal. So we'll see what will come out of the writing process.


The small "tattoo" on the back - it's almost invisible, though I made the heart a bit bigger than the hearts of the cable on the front.

I like the hat pattern so much, that I plan at least two more of these out of my stash yarn. I did a small change in the hat pattern - I replaced the k1p1 rib panels between the st st panels with half-brioche stitch.




1 comment:

  1. Идеата за тази чудесна шапка,като допълнение към пуловера е прекрасна.Получило се е красиво съчетание на един хубав комплект и едно младо чаровно девойче.

    ReplyDelete