Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Cinnamon Buns


A small recipe I'm adding to my collection, as these proved easy to make and very delicious with the morning coffee (or milk) (or tea).

I always associate cinnamon buns or rolls with Karlsson, who lived on the roof, and when making the buns I smiled remembering his note to Miss Rogg about the insufficient quantity of cinnamon in the buns. So I tried to add enough :)

Ingredients for the dough:
3 1/2 cups flour
7 g dry yeast
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp soft butter
1 tsp salt
1 large egg

Ingredients for the filling
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp soft butter

I made the dough in the mixer and then left it to rise in the oven at 40C for about an hour. Then I spread the dough into a rectangle approx. 70 x 25 cm, spread soft butter on top and sprinkled with the mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon. Then I rolled the dough, cut it into small slices and arranged them in the baking tin. I put the tin back in the oven for another half hour at 40C for the buns to rise and then baked them at 180C for 20 min.


No comments:

Post a Comment